God uses music to reach us in times of need, doesn’t He?
There must be hundreds of times a God-inspired song touched my heart and helped me see my Heavenly Father even in the darkness.
Here I share 5 I’m thankful for since they have blessed me much:
1. HURRICANE by NATALIE GRANT
This song declares God will find you in the midst of anything.
«And when you feel the rain, call His Name,
He’ll find you in the hurricane»
– «Don’t back down from the fight,
He’ll shelter you tonight»
Which means: Don’t given up! Keep going, He’s with you right now!
2. MAKE A WAY by DESPERATION BAND
God knows how to bring hope even in the hopeless places.
– «When there’s no way, You make a way
when no one else can reach us, You find us»
– «Believe», the singer says so at minute 4:oo, and I just love it.
3. OUT OF THE HIDING by STEFFANY GRETZINGER AND AMANDA COOK
This song reminds me God knows every little thought in my mind. I’m not a surprise for Him and He wants to help me anyway.
– «I’ll be your lighthouse when you’re lost at sea
and I will illuminate everything»
– «You’re not far from home.
Keep on coming»
4. EVEN WHEN IT HURTS by HILLSONG UNITED
A great song to admit your pain and to invite Him in as you keep prasing His name in spite of everything.
All of it! Hard to pick some parts! But I think thise verse will do,
– «Take this mountain weight
Take this ocean tears
Hold me through the trial
Come like hope again»
5. BLESSED BE YOUR NAME by MATT REDMAN
Countless of times this great song has been a clear reminder for me to keep blessing God’s name no matter what I’m going through.
– «Blessed be Your Name on the road marked with suffering,
though there’s pain in the offering, blessed be Your Name»
– «My heart will choose to say: blessed be Your Name»
I hope you love them just as I do.
What songs have been a blessing to you during hard times?
I could add some to my list.